Minecraft is a sandbox game and the players to build different constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world. The inspiration behind gameplay is Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Keeper, RollerCoaster and Infiniminer. There are two variants in the game, Alpha and Classic in single and multiplayer options. The classic version focuses on the building aspect with unlimited blocks while the Alpha version has much more variety to offer with monsters. Moreover, the players have to mine their own blocks in the Alpha variant of the game. Let us take a look at the system requirement to play Minecraft.
One should be easily able to play Minecraft on a computer with minimum requirements should be able to play Minecraft, but in order to get the best experience, one is recommended to follow the certain requirements.
• GPU – Intel GMA 950 or AMD Equivalent,
• CPU – Intel P4/NetBurst Architecture or its AMD Equivalent (AMD K7)
• RAM- 2GB
• HDD-: Get at least 90MB for Game Core and Sound Files
• Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 or up is required to be able to run the game.
• Recommended Requirements:
• CPU – Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
• RAM – 4GB
• GPU : GeForce 6xxx or ATI Radeon 9xxx and up with OpenGL 2 Support (Excluding Integrated Chipsets)
• HDD : 150MB
The older versions of Minecraft will need to be upgraded to latest versions. The system requirements for Minecraft Release 1.2.5 or newer: Java SE 6 Update 32.
It has been seen that some players have experienced issues when playing Minecraft with an incompatible edition of Java for their operating system, while using some definite versions of Java 7, or while numerous versions of Java are installed. It is highly recommended that you try a demo before buying.